Many of us who take cannabidiol (CBD) daily don’t realize that our furry friends can also benefit from having a little hemp in their lives. If your beloved canine or feline could use a little help in their day-to-day lives, it may be time to consider a CBD pet oil, aka CBD pet drops, which can offer the same properties to their bodies that they do for us when we take our daily doses. But, before you give your pet any old CBD product lying around, you need to read this first, as you’re about to find out that there are some well-established rules when it comes to working hemp into your furry companion’s daily routine.
Can Pets Safely Take CBD?
First things first: pets can take CBD, since cannabidiol, and the hemp plant as a whole, is nontoxic to their bodies. Before we elaborate, we gotta point one thing out – psychoactive cannabinoids, like delta 8 THC, delta 9 THC, THC-O, etc., are NOT safe for your pet, and can cause neurotoxicity that can be extremely dangerous. What this means is that the psychoactive hemp products on the market that contain concentrated forms of these cannabinoids, and are specified as such, must be strictly avoided.
Now, that being said, CBD pet products are generally considered just fine to give to cats and dogs. Like us, pets have an endocannabinoid system (ECS) that uses cannabinoids to regulate critical bodily processes related to things like inflammation, physical discomfort, digestion, neurological function, mood, sleep, appetite and more. Basically, pets get the same effects out of CBD that we do, and the plant is just as gentle on their bodies.
Are There Special CBD Oils Just for Pets?
If you do wanna give your pet a daily serving of cannabidiol, go with a natural pet CBD tincture then. In other words, a formula that’s made exclusively for pets. Why? Because of two reasons: one is that these products come in dosages that are appropriate for your pet’s weight, rather than your own, and also because these products are carefully formulated to contain ingredients safe for cats and dogs to consume. Even though our CBD oils contain natural ingredients, what’s safe for us isn’t necessarily safe for pets – for example, essential oils are found in some CBD tinctures for humans, and while we can safely consume small amounts of certain essential oils, they can be highly toxic and even deadly to our furry friends.
How is CBD Oil Administered to a Pet?
There are a good amount of pet owners who prefer administering their dog or cat CBD oil because it’s so versatile. It can be administered as a tincture (applied to the area below the tongue) or simply mixed into their food bowl each day to allow them to ingest the valuable compounds of hemp without even knowing it. And, it’s good to know that most pets absolutely do not mind a little hemp extract. Even better, you’ll find plenty of flavored CBD oils for pets on the market which come in flavors that appeal to them, like bacon or fish. This way, they’ll have a hard time resisting that daily dose of cannabidiol.
CBD oils made with CBD isolate (a purified cannabidiol extract that’s free of other compounds in the hemp plant) is flavorless and odorless. So, there is no off-putting flavor inherent to CBD that would make it difficult to give them servings each day.
Where Can I Buy CBD Oil for Dogs and Cats?
An influx of companies are launching their own CBD oils for dogs and cats, but it’s important to remember, as is always the case with hemp, not all CBD oils for pets are created equally. Here’s what to look for, to know you’re getting a product that’s safe, high in quality, effective, and agreeable with your pet’s body.
- Third-Party Lab Reports: All hemp products should come with third-party lab reports, provided by the manufacturer through their website. This means that their hemp extract was tested by a state-authorized third-party testing facility, where it was proven to meet or exceed all necessary quality, safety and legal standards.
- Clean, Pet-Friendly Ingredients: Always read through the list of ingredients when choosing a CBD pet oil, to make sure that there are no synthetics, unwanted additives or harmful ingredients – as well as ingredients your pet may be uniquely allergic to.
- An Appealing Flavor: While not a requirement, you may find it helpful to seek out a CBD pet oil that comes in a delicious flavor that will satisfy your pet’s taste buds. This may make it easier to get them to take their regular doses of CBD.
- Dosing Directions: All CBD pet oils should offer some kind of dosing directions on the label, which ideally break down the proper amount to give your pet based on their weight range, since cats and dogs can vary quite a bit on how much they weigh. Weight is an important factor when it comes to finding an effective dosage.
- No Psychoactive Cannabinoid Additives: Like we said, psychoactive cannabinoids are harmful to your pet. That’s why we actually recommend giving them pure CBD isolate-based oils, which contain nothing but 100% pure cannabidiol, or CBD – a completely non-intoxicating cannabinoid that is responsible for almost all of the wonderful effects we associate with the hemp plant. Like we said, the added bonus is that CBD isolate is flavorless, and so your pet won’t have a hard time with how the oil tastes.
Kore CBD Pet Oil: A Full Body Balance They Deserve!
After having a good conversation your pet’s veterinarian, and if given the okay to do so, try Kore CBD Pet Oil. It contains only 100% pet-friendly ingredients and CBD isolate, in a variety of milligram strengths to address the needs of different breeds and sizes. Perfect for cats and dogs, this CBD oil comes in two flavor options – Seafood Medley and Canadian Maple Bacon – to give both dogs and cats something delicious to look forward to each day. Gentle, clean, fresh, and thoroughly lab-tested, Kore CBD Pet Oil can give your pet all of the wonderful effects of CBD without any additives.